RE: [css3-flexbox] remove flex() function

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 01:51:29 +0000
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
CC: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Tony Chang <tony@chromium.org>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
 From: ojan@google.com [mailto:ojan@google.com] On Behalf Of Ojan Vafai
 Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:49 PM

 Are there other things that set width/height in CSS using different
 properties?

Elsewhere in CSS, values with specific meaning are set with their own properties. There are exceptions, with reasons, just in this case I don't think the benefit is strong enough to justify doing things differently.

This is a change that needs a discussion and a vote at F2F, so don't spend to much time arguing here.....

 Also, I think it probably makes sense to change grid to use flex() instead
 of fr so that it can accomodate negative flexing, but that's a separate
 discussion.

Probably. For grid however, it would be completely scoped to grid, so most of the issues I raised on "width:flex()" don't apply

Alex