Re: Orphan control in CSS

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:15:17 +0100
To: mail@matthewwilcox.com
Le 05/01/2012 14:05, Matthew Wilcox a écrit :
> Yes, but it's my understanding they only apply to paged media -
> whichis correct for Widow, but not for Orphan.
> I am proposing we address the common use of Orphan as defined in
> thesecond bullet point under "Orphan"
> here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widows_and_orphans
> Widow makes no sense in the context of screen, but orphan does.

(Note: don’t forget to also reply to the list, not just me.)

The 'orphans' CSS property is already used for the first meaning (in
this Wikipedia page). Since what you want (the second meaning) is
different, I think it would need a new, different property name. Maybe
'orphan-words'. However I’m not sure which spec/module it should go into.

--
Simon Sapin