Re: Orphan control in CSS

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:32:09 +0100
To: mail@matthewwilcox.com
CC: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Le 05/01/2012 14:27, Matthew Wilcox a écrit :
> yes, you're right - however Orphans only applies to paged media. So is
> there anything to stop the screen media implementation doing the
> sensible thing and using the second definition (which is the only
> definition relevent to screen)?

I think this is a bad idea. No other CSS property (that I know of)
change their meaning depending on the media type. (Besides being
irrelevant/not applying.)

Re-using the same property name will not make it happen faster anyway.

Also, in print you may want both types of orphans, with a different number.

--
Simon Sapin