Re: [CSS21] Default table border width in collapsing border model

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:11:47 -0800
To: "Christian Roth" <roth@visualclick.de>

Le Mer 4 janvier 2012 12:15, Christian Roth a écrit :

> What I failed to realize is that the table box is considered to have a
> virtual border (which is never explicitly specified in a stylesheet),
> whose color is transparent, and whose widths for the four sides

What you refer to as a "virtual border" is what the spec calls table
wrapper box.

The dashed black border in the diagram of section 17.4
delimits such table wrapper box: it shows that it encloses the table box
and the caption box.

I believe such table wrapper box had nothing really to do with your
original post anyway.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite