RE: [css3-writing-modes][cssom-view] scrollIntoView in vertical flow

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:36:20 -0500
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Thank you François, that's a good case. I wasn't thinking much about mouse interactions, whose positions are always physical.

I might went too far, the original issue is scrollIntoView spec doesn't work with vertical. It's probably better to focus on fixing the issue and then defer other physical/logical issues to until we define logical properties.

Fixing "scroll an element into view[1]" to consider vertical case looks safe to me. If I were missing anything here, I'd appreciate anyone's advices.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/#scroll-an-element-into-view

Regards,
Koji