Re: [css3-ui] text-overflow:ellipsis interaction with atomic inline elements is not web-compatible

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 00:59:53 +0100, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> I think IE10's treatment is the most reasonable and consistent, and
> I'm wondering if other implementations are willing to change their
> treatment of those test cases to match. That's the direction that
> we're leaning with Firefox/Gecko.

Opera is willing to change our behavior about this. Every browser
does something different today, and that's not good. We have no
particular preference for our own implementation in this case,
so we are in favor of the WG trying to reach a consensus on
what's supposed to happen, and everybody aligning to it.

As for what the ideal behavior should be, I haven't given it any
deep though, but IE10's solution does seem reasonable. Firefox's
isn't bad either, though. If you've already though about that,
could you share why mozilla thinks IE's solution is better?

  - Florian