Re: CSS Device Adaptions: orientation

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:
>> So I suggest that the properly should only be respected for stand-alone
>> web
>> apps or when in fullscreen (FullscreenAPI spec). But of course, doing this
>> one way for Qt doesn't really matter if others do it differently :-) so I
>> was very interested in what others are thinking about this.
>

> I'm not opposed to adding a 'should' statement to the spec about this. The
> reason it was added in the first place was for widgets/web-apps/games, etc.

Great!

We could write something like:

This property is used to request that a document is displayed in
portrait or landscape mode and can be used to enter a specific
orientation and inhibit orientation changes when tilting the device.
The property should be respected for standalone web apps and when the
document is displayed in fullscreen. It is recommended that it is
ignored for normal web navigation to avoid confusing the user.

--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer
Phone  +45 4093 0598 / E-mail kenneth at webkit.org