Re: Proposition. Positioning content with guidelines

From: Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:51:12 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

>> 2. In Grid Layout each content block should have specified place:
>> grid-column: 1; grid-row: 1. In Guidelines Layout it's not required.
>
> I don't understand the benefit here.

Try to solve this simple task
http://sorrow.tavrida.net/img/4_real_task.png

>> 3. In Grid Layout, if any box have fixed position, DOM manipulations
>> with it have not sense. Guidelines don't fix the box position, authors
>> might rearrange boxes over DOM Core methods
>
> I don't understand what you mean.  Can you elaborate?

Very good example is here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-grid-layout/#source-independence

What happens if I delete from HTML source
?
A hole.

What happens if I change HTML code to the next one
?
The correct answer is ... nothing!

But, what happens, if I create next code

       <h1>Hey! I'm header! Where is my place?</h1> <!-- NEW ITEM -->

The answer is... o_O ???

--
s0rr0w