Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems the grammar for <position> is duplicated in the definition of the `transform-origin` property [1], rather than being deferred to the one that can be found in css3-background [2]
>
> On the other hand, css3-images do try to point to its definition elsewhere, but they point to css3-values, which doesn't define it [3]
>
> [1]: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-2d-transforms/#transform-origin
> [2]: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-background-position
> [3]: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#radial-gradients

Wow, I forgot how much this thread sidetracked.

Anyway, V&U *does* define <position>, but it's in the ED, not the
latest WD.  The references are filled in automatically, unfortunately.
 So, I won't be making any change to the Images spec based on this.

Please indicate if this resolution is acceptable.