RE: [css3-grid-layout] negative spans

From: Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:21:50 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I see I didn't define the type correctly but I intended positive integers only (for grid-row/column properties in addition to span length).  I need to think through what it means for implicit track creation when the author says grid-column:-100, but I can probably make sense of it.  I read it as count 100 tracks back from the end and position this item (so ensure that 99 tracks exist after this one).

Negative spans can make sense as well.  I think your scenario is to pin something to the end of the grid with something like grid-column: 1; grid-column-span: -1;  Is that right?

-Phil