Re: Consider adding content(html) to display html source

Le 20/02/12 06:03, Charles Pritchard a écrit :
> A CSS generated and replaced content semantic, something like
> content(html) could be helpful with the <code> tag as well as
> @contentEditable.
> The idea is for innerHTML to be made visible to the user.
>
> Examples:
>
> Something in CSS would it easier to flip on and off HTML source code
> examples.
>
> Something more heavy could display syntax highlighting, if it's not
> being set to a string.
> code { content: html(); }

This is, in my humble opinion, the wrong place to solve this.
in your <code> example above, you want <code> to behave like
a normal element on one hand, like a CDATA section on the other...
It's _NOT_ only a question of presentation, it's a question of
parsing.

</Daniel>