Re: Dropping Prefixes Early on Transforms/Transitions/Animations

On 18/02/2012 3:35 AM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:

> It makes more sense to me now that Microsoft and Apple are against
> unprefixing, and Google and Mozilla are in favor.

For all your information. Safari 5.1.1 seems to show some 3D virtual
space constructs correctly while Chrome 17.0.963.56 fails them. They are
in a bug with intersecting planes [1] and in another similar bug where
certain backgrounds go missing when pivoting when they are positioned
from these intersecting planes [2]. Here is a test case of the later bug
[3].

Having Google Chrome drop prefixes while buggy is not good. Having buggy
behavior for any 3D transforms are not good. The latest I can test in
Gecko is Aurora 12.0a2.

Aryeh, does a mozilla-central build handle these test correctly?

1. http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=99189
2. http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=105100
3. http://css-class.com/test/css3testsuite/3d-cube-webkit.htm

--