Re: [css-variables] the new ED for CSS Variables

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:38:38 +0100
To: "CSS 3 W3C Group" <www-style@w3.org>
A preprocessor only need to be ran one time per file version. CSS stylesheet
won't change each time a client connect. At least, they should not.

The true reason is that CSS Variables may vary on the client (based on
script, alternate stylesheets, usestylesheets...) and in function of the
location in the document, things that a preprocessor can't handle.