Re: [css3-transforms] Extending CSSOM interface

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:42:09 -0500
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> First we should decide if this version of the spec should define any CSS OM stuff, given the in-flux state of CSS OM in general.

Some CSSOM interfaces are quite stable and more or less interoperably
implemented, such as getComputedStyle(), Element.style,
Element.getBoundingClientRect(), and document.elementFromPoint().  I
think we should definitely continue to define how those interact with
transforms, and the more precision the better.  But we shouldn't
include anything that's not precisely defined somewhere.