Re: "display:transparent" or "display:nobox" (RE: thoughts on page templates)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:08:05 -0800
To: Roland Steiner <rolandsteiner@google.com>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Roland Steiner
<rolandsteiner@google.com> wrote:
> I know it's a cold thread, but I thought I'd add another naming suggestion
> that hasn't come up so far AFAICT that I like:
>
>     display: omit
>
> as in "omit displaying this element (only), but not its children".

It's not bad, but it doesn't seem to strongly suggest that it only
affects the element itself.

Importantly, though, what spec is this supposed to appear in?  If
we're stuck on waiting for Box Model, then I'll just write up a
Display spec instead (that can do the -inside/outside thing too).