[css3-mediaqueries] DPI in resolution media queries (was: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Paris F2F 2012-02-08 Wed AM I:)

This basically renders resolution media queries *completely useless*, at
least in screen media types, just like inches and cm lengths currently are.
With the increasing diversity of devices and their resolutions, this
would've been tremendously useful to help maintain a readable,
comfortable experience no matter the screen DPI. There is currently *no
way* to do that.
UAs have shown that it *is* possible to implement this as physical DPI,
for example that's what Gecko does.
I understand the legacy reasons behind defining the in and cm units with
a fixed dpi, but there are no legacy reasons to screw this one up. Yes,
it might be more consistent, but what's really the value of being
consistent with mistakes?!

Cheers,
Lea (lea.verou.me | @leaverou on Twitter, Github, Dribbble)