Re: Vendor Prefix solutions

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Witold Baryluk
<baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl> wrote:
> How about introducing into prefixes their expiration?
> -webkit-2010-2012-box-shadow

I had the same idea yesterday, but thought it was too crazy to propose
it here, so I only tweeted it. But maybe it's not that crazy afterall.

I'd replace "webkit" with a scary word like "expires" here and maybe
drop the initial year, making it "-expires2012-box-shadow". If this is
an expirable property, there's no need to limit it to a single vendor.

One caveat, though: this proposal only makes sense if vendors promise
to *really* drop support for properties like this when the expiry date
comes. It would be a disaster if -expires2012-box-shadow actually
worked in 2015...

--
Marek Stępień
marcoos.com