Re: [css3-images] editorial comments

From: Leif Arne Storset <lstorset@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:14:10 +0100
To: "WWW Style" <www-style@w3.org>, "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> skreiv Wed, 08 Feb 2012
22:03:28 +0100

> 4.1.2. Linear Gradient Examples
>
> Example 19
>
> In the ED, the SVG <object> gave me scroll bars. This was confusing when
> I first read this via Safari which hides the scroll bars and made me
> think this picture is wrong. No scroll bars please!

Seems that Tab updated the SVG dimensions Tuesday [0], perhaps
accidentally (yay CVS!). It displays incorrectly in all browsers I tried.
The LCWD is correct.

I think it should be possible somehow to fit the SVG to the box, but my
already limited SVG knowledge has rusted over the years.

[0]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/csswg/css3-images/gradient1.svg.diff?r1=1.1;r2=1.2;f=h

--
Leif Arne Storset
Core Technology Developer, Opera Software