Re: Vendor Prefixes and Generic Prefixes: who shall use which when and why?

On 2/7/12 2:29 PM, Dean Jackson wrote:
> I'm not sure if you're suggesting that Apple intentionally held up
> the standards process to get an advantage over other implementors, or
> that simply it would theoretically be possible (and perhaps advantageous)
> to do so (and in your non-hypothetical world, it happened whether intentional
> or not).

The latter.  As far as I can tell it was simply a matter of Apple having
no particular incentive to push the spec forward, and hence not doing
it.  I certainly don't think there was malice involved; I'm sorry that
wasn't clear.

-Boris