[css3-images] How does image-orientation interact with EXIF data?

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:24:30 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
CSS3 Images talks about images being encoded sideways, and how this can be corrected for presentation via the image-orientation property:
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#image-orientation>

However, it doesn't describe how this interacts with EXIF data in the image. My understanding is that an image may be tagged with EXIF data that indicates that the camera was in landscape orientation when the picture was taken, but this does not affect how the image is encoded.

I think the spec needs to talk about how image-orientation and EXIF rotation data interact.

Simon