Re: [css3-animations] Editability of CSS 3 Animations

To me, it seems reasonable that an animation could propose its own default
timing options. When you build an animation, you clearly know which time
frame you target. After that, there may be some variations, but clearly that
should remain the exception.

Having just to set :

    @keyframes myFirstAnim (duration: 1s, other-option: 2) { ... }
    @keyframes mySecondAnim (duration: 1s, other-option: 2) { ... }
    selector { animation: myFirstAnim, mySecondAnim; }

would be perfectly fine. Then, you could override the default behavior if
you really need it :

    selector { animation: myFirstName 2s, mySecondAnim 0.5s; }

but, usually, this is not the kind of things you would like to do. I used
animations quite a lot when doing WPF/Silverlight, I never defined the
timing anywhere else than in the storyboard :

    <DoubleAnimation From="1.0" To="0.0" Duration="0:0:5" />

An animation is calibrated for a specific timing and if your designer
decides to change the timing of the animation (because he's adding or
removing steps, for example), it should be possible to do it *inside the
keyframes/storyboard* and not by searching the whole css if there's
somewhere a rule that will impact the timing.

If I go to the end of my reasoning, I would even allow the
animation-duration property to take a percentage as a value. That way, you
can define an acceleration or a slow down relatively to the initial timing,
and if the @keyframe timing change, the durations remains proportionnal to
the new default value.

    @keyframes moveCar {
    }

    img.car { animation: moveCar; }
    img.old.car { animation-duration: 120%; }

At a later date, I can change the 'moveCar' duration to 2s and have the old
cars still be 20% slower than normal cars.

Best regards,
François