Re: [css3-animations] Editability of CSS 3 Animations

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:01:51 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 03/02/12 15:54, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :

> I meant make up some reasonable defaults *for the purpose of
> previewing*.  You even suggest that perhaps 1s would be a good default
> duration.  Just use that in your preview to show the general effects
> of the keyframes while people are editting them.

You understand that from a UX point of view, having 0s animations
look like 1s animations is a catastrophe ?

Similarly, all animations that will run with an animation-delay
that is not set in the rule setting animation-name
will appear starting at 0s... Urgh.

I perfectly understand the compromise you're proposing, and I am
saying this compromise is here to save a technical change at the
cost of editability and UX. Given the importance of CSS 3 Animations,
I think editability is a too major feature to go that way.

I'd love to hear from Apple people here.

</Daniel>