Re: [css3-animations] Editability of CSS 3 Animations

On 3 February 2012 08:42, Daniel Glazman
> Currently implementing an editor for Animations, I think we
> have an editability problem here. It's a rather serious one since
> we won't be able to provide animators with the tools they are
> used to in their industry.
>
> You can read that on my blog : http://is.gd/yCuViP
>
> I suggest you don't comment there but here in www-style.
>
> </Daniel>

Personally, I prefer the option to put the metadata into the
@keyframes declaration. The way animations work at present has always
felt hard to work with due to the spread of configuration through the
styles, especially when you get beyond the hello world examples into
complex animations, where you have multiple elements changing in sync.
Centralising the details of the animation declaration a bit will help
with that.

Really though, I'd prefer a syntax like this:

@animation danceBabyDance {
	default-timing-function: linear;
	delay: 1s;
	repeat: forever;

	0s {
		left: 0;
		top: 0;

		#inner {
			ease-in right: -10px;
		}
		button {
			ease-out opacity: 0;
		}
	}

	0.5s {
		bounce left: 10px;
		top: -10px;

		#inner {
			right: -20px;
		}
		#button {
			opacity: 1;
		}
	}
}

body div#main {
	animation: danceBabyDance;
}

I think it would match much more closely with what authors are going
to want most of the time, and would (I think?) be easier to build
tooling around.

Jon