Re: [css3-animations] What does animation-fill-mode do when animation-iteration-count is zero?

From: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:18:50 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
Dear all,

Just a quick question on this point, is it necessary to allow an
animation-iteration-count of zero?

My reason for asking is that SVG does not (and I'm trying to line things
up here where possible). Values for repeatCount must be greater than 0.[1]

I guess you could argue that since you can use 0.0001 you should be able
to use 0 (otherwise you might have differences where one implementation
allows 0.00000001 and another reports an error due to differences in
floating point representation). But how important is that? SVG and SMIL
seem to have been getting away with disallowing zero.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#RepeatCountAttribute