Re: "display:transparent" or "display:nobox" (RE: thoughts on page templates)

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:44:00 -0800
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

Me too! "display:contents" is nicely consistent with the general
terminology, and seem intuitively understandable.

I also wanted to express support for spec'ing this out. It's
invaluable for several use cases in Web Components. For example, in
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Component_Model_Use_Cases#Table-based_Charts,
skipping the box of the host element (table) would make things a lot
less awkward for drawing a chart.

:DG<