Re: [css3-regions] regions forming stacking contexts

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

> I probably don't know about opacity and filters...
>
> Can you elaborate on what other things are not going to be possible with
> fragmented content? For example, if somebody wants to create 3d page
> turning effects (with transforms and shadows applied to pages separately),
> will it also be problematic for the reasons you are describing?

It might be possible to address the problem by somehow saying that each
region renders an independent copy of the content flowed into the region.
Then an element that's a stack context but split across regions would split
into stacking contexts within each region. Or something like that.

Also, region formatting allows setting different background on same element
> in different regions. Is that also problematic if an element has to be
> rendered as a unit?

How's that? Are we allowing per-region styling of the flowed content now?
That has all kinds of issues of its own :-).

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us