Re: [css3-regions] regions forming stacking contexts

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Region is a viewport, anything visible within a region should behave the
> same way as if it was on screen scrolled to that point. There may be
> exceptions due to really complicated cases but in general it should work
> the same, shouldn’t it?

No. The problem I referred to in my previous email occurs when different
parts of an element are visible in two or more different regions at the
same time. The semantics of 'opacity' and 'filter' (among other properties)
on the element demand that the entire contents of the element be rendered
as a unit, which will be impossible if the regions are in different
stacking contexts.

There is no analogous issue with viewports since an element can't appear
simultaneously in multiple viewports.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us