Re: Reliable dynamic animation/transition events

Hi Dan,

(2012/12/12 16:47), Dan Beam wrote:
> Do web authors currently have a way to apply dynamic
> animations/transitions reliably or are there future plans for this?

You might be interested in the work we're doing on Web Animations.[1]

Its primary purpose is to be the underlying animation model for both CSS
and SVG but it also exposes an API for this sort of use case.

It's still a very early draft but we're working pretty hard at the
moment so it should take on more shape over the next few weeks.

This work comes under the FXTF (joint SVG-CSS group) so any feedback is
welcome at public-fx@w3.org (subject '[web-anim] ...').

Best regards,

Brian

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/web-anim/index.html (except
at the time of writing references to raw-file/tip on dvcs.w3.org/hg/
appear to be broken so you should use:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/229f679cbd6a/web-anim/index.html
instead for now)