Re: [CSSWG][selectors4] Updated WD of Selectors Level 4

31.08.2012, 03:46, "Brian Kardell" <bkardell@gmail.com>:
> On Aug 30, 2012 7:38 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>
>> The CSS WG has published an updated Working Draft of the Selectors Level 4:
>>
>> š š http://www.w3.org/TR/selectors4/
> Since I got no response last time I will try again....
> :has() ... please?š Reading the past minutes I do not see to be alone in my support... it is honestly a lot less confusing and already proven.

Indeed, `:has()` would make HTML code more clear from extra elements and extra classes.

For example, we have a table where some cells contain links clickable over entire area (including padding) while other cells contain just text:

and we want that all cells have `em` padding, we are currently forced to wrap text with `SPAN`:

        TD > A,
        TD > SPAN {display: block; padding: .1em .3em; }

We can't use negative margins to compensate cell padding:

        TD,
        TD > A {padding: .1em .3em; }

        TD > A {display: block; margin: -.1em -.3em; }

since it wouldn't be pixel-perfect (calculated pixel value of `em` value varies depending on calculated pixel dimensions of previous elements).