Re: [Syntax Level 3]

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:39:17 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 08/28/2012 03:37 PM, L. David Baron wrote:

> I'd be proposing no ! at top-level of variables (just like there's
> no ; at top-level of variables); it would be allowed inside of (),
>
> (We may also want to consider eliminating the restriction on<!--
> and -->  at top-level, as I mentioned in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/1104.html .)

If we continue to use ! in selectors, and decide to have selectors on
the right-hand side for any CSS-parsed language, this would mean you
have to put them in a functional notation. It also means the contents
of that functional notation can't be extracted into a variable.

(Just wanted to point that out.)

~fantasai