[CSSOM] Behavior of setting .style.foo to null

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:05:01 -0400
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Consider this testcase:

     body { color: green; }
     Some text
     <script>
       document.body.style.color = "red";
       document.body.style.color = null;
     </script>

This renders the text green in WebKit and Presto and shipping Gecko,
which all seem to treat null as empty string here.  It renders the text
red in Trident, which seems to treat null as "null" here.

My initial WebIDL implementation for Gecko matches Trident, since that's
the default WebIDL behavior for null.

Which behavior do we want here?  Is Trident willing to change to match
the others?  Are WebKit and Presto willing to change to match Trident?
I'd rather make a behavior change here only once, not twice, so it would
be good to come to an agreement on what the desired behavior is.

-Boris