Re: [css-variables] How to spec the OM for vars?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 02:49:16 -0700
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
On 8/24/12 2:46 AM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> I refer again to the spec maintenance problem of introducing a never
> ending series of partial interfaces on CSSStyleDeclaration. You don't
> seem to think that's bad, but as a spec writer, I think it should be
> avoided if at all possible.

Given that people keep wanting to come up with a better object model for
CSS, one where things are exposed as something property-specific and not
just a string, it seems like we'll end up there anyway in the end.

That said, we could have some global language about the partial
interfaces being implied when a property is implemented, if desired...

-Boris