Re: List of selectors under consideration for Selectors Level 4?

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:07:54 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Aug 17, 2012 2:32 AM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 08/16/2012 11:22 AM, Greg Houston wrote:
>>

>> How do you write the opposite of .panel>  header>  .btn?
>> :matches(!panel>  :matches(!header>  .btn))
>

> Not sure what you mean by "opposite". If you want to select the
> .panel instead of the .btn, you write
>
>   !.panel > header > .btn
>
> ~fantasai

Since selectors L4 is being worked on now, I would like to beg once again
that it be :has().  Greg can verify, but I bet he would not have made that
mistake if it were written:

.panel:has(> header > .btn)

Fantasai, I know you have been throwing this particular use case
(combinator) out since like 2000 wrt :has vs single character, but it
really does seem easily grokable and has been proposed by so many people
(not just list people, members too)... it works in jquery and in my own
hitchjs that way and maybe yehuda can speak for jquery which is way more
popular, but I have never heard a peep about that from users.

Pleeeeeaassseee :)

Brian