Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 02:05:04 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 8/15/12 2:27 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Standards vs quirks doesn't change the recognized properties, does it?
>   I wasn't aware of that being a quirks-mode difference.

It certainly changes the recognized values.

In some UAs it may in fact change the recognized properties.  For
example, according to
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/06/04/legacy-dx-filters-removed-from-ie10-release-preview.aspx
the 'filter' property is supported in some document modes but not others
in IE10 in the Trusted Sites zone.

> Do extensions get their own script global, separate from the web page?

Typically, yes.

-Boris