Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:29:49 -0700
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> Glenn Adams:
>
>  I believe this is intended to be a function of the browser in general,
>> independent of whether operating in quirks mode or not, which is
>> effectively under author control. So NO, it should not be defined on
>> Document.
>>

> Is supportsCSS() even meant to take quirks mode into account?

The way this feature has been discussed in the WG thus far, the intent of
the API was to determine if the UA supports the feature independent of any
other settings. But it is certainly worth considering adding some context
as parameters to this API to permit queries to be contextualized.
Especially if the @supports rule should support that logic.