Re: [selectors4] drag-and-drop pseudo-classes

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:55:18 -0700
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 08/14/2012 03:03 AM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
>        * One for all elements representing possible drop targets
>          that could receive the item.
>        * One for all elements representing drop targets that do
>          not accept this type of item.
>
> This sounds like these two pseudo-classes would do exactly the opposite.
> So why not use :not() for this case?

That question was asked and answered here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Sep/0417.html

Apparently an invalid dropzone is one that accepts drops, but not of this
type, so it's not exactly the same as :not(:valid-drop). I'm unsure if
it's necessary to add at this point, but can add it and mark at-risk for
the time being.

~fantasai