Re: [whatwg] [selectors4] drag-and-drop pseudo-classes

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:52:16 -0700
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 08/13/2012 11:55 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net <mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>> wrote:
>
>     The CSSWG discussed drag-and-drop pseudo-classes today. The current
>     proposal is to have three pseudo-classes:
>
>        * One for the element representing the drop target that
>          would receive the item if it were dropped.
>        * One for all elements representing possible drop targets
>          that could receive the item.
>
> How do we find these elements? On one hand, if we're only supporting dropzone attribute, then adding new pseudo element seems
> unnecessary. On the other hand, I can't think of ways to detect whether an element could return false or prevents the default
> action on dragover/dragenter events without firing those events.

I don't know. I'm just going on what was asked for in the following thread. :)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Sep/0402.html

The spec prose so far is this:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#drag-pseudos
The definition is pretty generic; I'm happy to add details on how
exactly it should work with HTML, if someone can provide them.

~fantasai