Re: Thinking about mixins as a new type of selector

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:04:37 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
|  So the 'matches' wasn't intended to be a normal property:  the idea
|  was that it would be additive rather than cascading/overriding

The true problem here is that we need to have additive declarations even on
current CSS properties. I'm working on that, I'm just waiting for the good
moment to start that discussion (whatever "the good moment" means). Solving
the general case is sometimes better than trying to solve one issue at a
time.

Meanwhile, I don't like the fact that something that looks like a property
is not a property. If this doesn't work like a property, this doesn't have
to be a property syntax-wise. If it has to look like a proprety, it should
react like a property.