Re: [css4-images] First draft of css4-images, feedback requested

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:53:01 +1000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 7/08/2012 10:02 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Heya, I've finished up the first draft of Image Values level 4
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-images>, incorporating several of the
> features we punted from level 3 and a few new ones.  I'd greatly
> appreciate feedback on the changes so we can potentially do a FPWD
> after the f2f.

Does this version attend to address interpolation of gradients in
non-premultiplied space? You're reply to me last year.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Aug/0109.html

   | I don't believe we should select the color-space based
   | on the syntax of the colors used, because a color should
   | be independent of the syntax used for it.  Instead, I
   | believe this should be done either by defining SVG's
   | color-interpolation property to apply more widely to
   | all CSS values, or by giving gradients a specialized
   | switch to control the color-space they transition in.
   | I'll address this in a later level of Image Values.

Also in example 29 is found the text.

   | In premultiplied space, transitions to or from
   | "transparent" always look nice:

Can this be changed to something like this.

   # In premultiplied space, transitions to or from
   # "transparent" look more natural when composite
   # near white backgrounds.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/