Re: [css3-grid-layout] grid-descendant grid items

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:37:40 +0200
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, <www-style@w3.org>
I like it.

However, if we want things to work "auto-magically", we should consider
another kind of kind of "automatic" grid-span based on the size of an object
(ie: an element spans as many rows/columns as needed for the content to fit
in; eg a (min-width: 500px) object would span two columns of 300px). If the
"subgrid" behavior takes the auto value (why not) I propose to either rename
my own "grid-*-span: auto" proposal [1] to "grid-*-span: fit" or to
accomodate its definition to take "display: subgrid" in consideration.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0138.html