Re: [css3-transforms] Missing text about transforms inducing an abs-pos containing block

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 11:56:40 +0300
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> The spec says "The object acts as a containing block for fixed positioned
> descendants." It also needs to say that the object is a containing block for
> abs-pos descendants too.

I see

"""
Any value other than ‘none’ for the transform results in the creation
of both a stacking context and a containing block. The object acts as
though position: relative has been specified, but also acts as a
containing block for fixed positioned descendants.
"""
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-3d-transforms/

This seems pretty clear to me.  Were you reading an outdated draft?
As is generally the case at the W3C, we don't mark them clearly
enough, so people sometimes get confused.