Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 17:19:58 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Florian Rivoal" <florianr@opera.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
|  I don't think adding on to window is a big deal.  If we do want to
|  avoid doing it, though, I suggest defining a new top-level interface
|  named "CSS" and hanging it off of that.  It's short and topical, and
|  it would be convenient for hanging some of the new css value
|  constructors we'll want for the cssom values api.

I'm afraid WebIDL doesn't support nested interfaces or namespaces right now.

##  For every interface that [should be available to JS] a
##  corresponding property MUST exist on the ECMAScript
##  global object. The name of the property is the identifier of
##  the interface, and its value is an object called the interface
##  object.

BTW, CSSStyleDeclaration isn't that long to type.

Plus, remember, your IDE supports intellisense ^_^