Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> The global object ('window') of the DOM is already quite crowded. Attaching
> supportsCSS to the 'navigator' object instead makes sense semantically, and
> would avoid adding even more to the global object.

Attaching it to navigator or CSSStyleDeclaration means that its
already somewhat-long name becomes much longer.

I don't think adding on to window is a big deal.  If we do want to
avoid doing it, though, I suggest defining a new top-level interface
named "CSS" and hanging it off of that.  It's short and topical, and
it would be convenient for hanging some of the new css value
constructors we'll want for the cssom values api.