Re: [css3-sizing] fill-available and floats

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:51:33 -0700
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> My point was to say it should react the same way as auto does on a DIV. If
> the way DIVs react to floats depends on other properties, fill-available
> should probably do the same, to reuse the existing algorithm.
>
> If that's too complex or undesirable, I have no strong opinion on this
> however.

That behavior is caused by BFCs excluding floats from the outside from
intruding into themselves.  I don't think it should be part of
"fill-available".  If we think it's valuable, we should expose it
separately, like we have with "min-height:contain-floats" exposing the
*opposite* BFC behavior (preventing internal floats from extending
outside of the element).