Re: [css3-flexbox] flexbox algorithm and writing modes

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:42:03 -0700
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

I don't see the problem in current spec - the only check done is to
ensure that the items' baselines are parallel to the main axis.  So, a
horizontal writing mode flexbox set to column, but filled with
vertical japanese, can baseline-align its items.

(And items that fail that check are start-aligned, not center-aligned.)