Re: [css3-flexbox] One final round of bikeshedding on property/value names?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I'm not a fan of "display: flex" -- it sounds to me like it's saying
> "this element is flexible".  I think we're explicitly trying to avoid
> giving that impression. (since it's the _kids_ that are flexible)
>
> It would also be a little odd / counterintuitive that the "flex"
> property would have no effect on an element with "display:flex", in
> usual circumstances.
>
> 'display: flex-group' sounds better to me.

I'm not very concerned about people being concerned about
"display:flex" indicating the element itself is flexible - "flexbox"
has the same concern, and people seem okay with that.

However, it is kinda weird that 'flex' doesn't work on an element with
"display:flex". ^_^

Since "flex-group" received several votes, and it addresses fantasai's
and Anton's feedback, I'll switch to that.