Re: [css3-fonts] Addition of font-size: xxx-large

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:57:34 +0800
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
CC: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
(12/04/18 23:32), Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <
> kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> (12/04/18 15:12), Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>>
> As another idea: always output with the 'rem' unit when "styleWithCSS"
>> is on. This is as you said, relying on the 'font-size' of the root
>> element being fixed, but I think this is better than adding a value
>> that's mostly useless.
>>

> That won't work because rem isn't supported by old browsers and mail
> clients. In editing, simply generating contents that can be rendered by
> yourself isn't good enough. It needs to be renderable by other browsers.

I don't understand. How can 'xxx-large', a new value, be supported by
old browsers and mail clients?

If I understand your requirement correctly, what's left is the current
workaround (output <font size=7> when the value is 7) or always ignore
"styleWithCSS" in this command, as it's not clear if throwing an error
in this case is backward compatible.

Cheers,
Kenny