Re: [css3-fonts] Addition of font-size: xxx-large

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:32:25 -0700
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Cc: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <
kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> (12/04/18 15:12), Aryeh Gregor wrote:

As another idea: always output with the 'rem' unit when "styleWithCSS"
> is on. This is as you said, relying on the 'font-size' of the root
> element being fixed, but I think this is better than adding a value
> that's mostly useless.

That won't work because rem isn't supported by old browsers and mail
clients. In editing, simply generating contents that can be rendered by
yourself isn't good enough. It needs to be renderable by other browsers.

If there's strong use case of a unit relative to the initial font size
> instead of the font size of the root, which is pretty much the use cases
> of the 'xx-large' keywords, we should instead introduce that unit.

No.

- Ryosuke.