Re: [css3-flexbox] handling whitespace between items in a flexbox

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:17:43 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 4/6/12 12:07 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Yes.  As far as I can tell, this matches the specced display:table
> behavior

The specced display:table behavior is somewhat insane and was mostly
needed for compat with existing content that put <table> inside <pre>.
In my opinion.

> and I don't see a good reason to differ from that.

Not making whitespace that author clearly marked as significant just
disappear may or may not be a good reason.  Hard to say....

It's trivial to implement either way, in Gecko.  Just a matter of what
we want the behavior to be.

-Boris