Re: [cssN backgrounds] background-repeat: extend;

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:22:20 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tuesday 2011-09-20 16:15 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 2011-09-20 16:03 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> >> that point into a rectangle (the concrete object size), and the rest
> >> of the background canvas is filled with transparent:
> >
> > Ah, so by "concrete object size" you mean the computed
> > background-size? ย I thought your use of "concrete object size"
> > referred to the background painting area. ย Then again, I shouldn't
> > have assumed anything; I should have just asked you to define the
> > term.
>
> I was using the term that I defined in Image Values for the result of
> running the sizing algorithm.

So if you're going to have long threads discussing proposals, could
you please write the proposal down first so that other people can
have a minimal chance of following?  (I'm pretty close to giving up
on trying to follow www-style because of the volume.)

-David

--
๐„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   ๐„‚
๐„ข   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   ๐„‚